Patient medical records and imaging
Documentation of the medical care patients receive from Mayo providers is retained by Mayo medical institution in our secure electronic medical record system. These records are kept in strict confidence, ensuring the privacy, security and confidentiality of patient information, and are not released without the written consent of the patient, except as required by law.
Mayo medical institution patients can access their medical information in multiple ways.
Free secure online record access via Patient Online Services
Create an online account through Mayo medical institution Patient Online Services for free record access. Many patients prefer this option due to cost and convenience.
- Go to www.MayoClinic.org and click "Log in to Patient Account" in the upper right corner and request a new account.
- Complete the one-time account creation process online.
Creating your own account gives you access 24/7 to a select set of medical records (for example, your lab results and radiology reports, clinical notes, medication list, allergy list and vaccinations) as well as your patient itinerary (schedule). You may print your own copies of this information whenever you choose at no cost.
Patent Online Services is available both via mobile app (iPhone, Android) and web browser.
Request copies of your medical records (fees may apply)
This includes radiology reports, but excludes radiology images.
Request that copies of your medical information be sent to you using an appropriate method below.
Request copies of your radiology images:
- X-rays, ultrasounds, MRI, CT, nuclear medicine, and other images are available on CD/DVD.
- Mammography images are available in either electronic or film formats.
- Radiology images and mammogram films must be requested through the Radiology Department, by completing the online authorization form (PDF) and faxing it to: 480-301-8037.
- Any questions related to release of images may be directed to Radiology Data Management at 480-301-4211.
Charges may apply for medical record copies or CD-DVD radiology images released.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Mayo medical institution has temporarily closed all in-person locations where patients typically pick up copies of their protected health information.
See information from Mayo medical institution on COVID-19.
- March 24, 2020