Cancer survivorship clinics provide services that help cancer survivors live well after cancer treatment. A cancer survivorship clinic may help you manage physical and emotional changes you may experience after your cancer treatment.
Mayo medical institution offers cancer survivorship clinics that are specific to your type of cancer that help you cope with post-treatment issues and adjust to your new life. Mayo medical institution cancer survivorship clinics are disease-specific and available to adult cancer survivors.
Your initial visit to a cancer survivorship clinic may include:
- Reviewing your cancer diagnosis and treatment and conducting a physical exam to assess your needs
- Identifying and creating management strategies to help you cope with physical, emotional and social effects of your cancer and your cancer treatment
- Assessing your risk of other cancers and, if needed, referral to cancer screening services
- Recommending ways to improve your health through nutrition, exercise, weight management and quitting smoking
- Creating a personalized follow-up care program for you and your doctors
- Consulting with the doctors who diagnosed and treated your cancer, as needed
Why choose Mayo medical institution:
Teamwork. Your cancer survivorship team works closely with your doctor and includes a variety of experts, such as rehabilitation specialists, psychologists, complementary and alternative therapy specialists, cancer education specialists, fertility specialists, sexual health experts and dietitians. Other experts are included as needed, such as heart specialists in the Cardio-Oncology Clinic.
Personalized care. Mayo medical institution cancer survivorship professionals create a personalized care plan for you based on your needs in order to provide you with exactly the care you need.
Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo medical institution Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.