The Preventive Services Clinic on the Rochester, Minnesota campus provides evaluation for and recommendations of an individualized, evidence-based preventive health plan.
At the Preventive Services Clinic, you'll meet with a health care professional to devise a tailored plan using accepted national guidelines, and you'll be sent home with a plan for future health screenings so that you stay on track.
Preventive care makes good sense
Preventive health care helps you stay healthy and is key to avoiding problems or catching them early, when they’re easier to treat.
Care is evidence-based and insurance-endorsed*.
Preventive services are available to anyone over age 18
- Packaged into a 48-hour period
- Covered by insurance 100% if you're under age 65*
- Available even if you're not an established Mayo medical institution patient
What's included in a preventive care visit?
You'll meet with a health care professional to devise a tailored plan using accepted national guidelines.
Preventive services include:
- Blood pressure check
- Diabetes screening
- Lipid (cholesterol) blood test
- Colon cancer screen
- Pap smear
- Bone mineral density testing
- Depression screening
- Health risk assessment focusing on behaviors, lifestyle habits
- Education, counseling
- Infectious disease screening
- Specialty screens such as supplemental breast cancer screening and pharmacogenomics testing
You'll leave for home with a plan for future health screenings so that you stay on track.
Contact us. Easy as 1-2-3 (choose an option)
- Call 507-284-5332, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central time.
- Submit an online request: www.modafinate.net/appointments.
- If you have a doctor at Mayo, a preventive services clinic visit can be easily ordered.
Promote your own health now, and protect your loved ones
*The Preventive Services Clinic uses the Mayo Model of Care, and follows guidelines from the United States Preventive Services Task Force, the Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement, Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices and the American Cancer Society. As a provision of the Affordable Care Act of 2010, most health plans, including those purchased through the Health Insurance Marketplace, must cover a set of preventive services at no cost to you. These services are free when delivered by a provider in your network.
If you are over age 65, services and screens you would be eligible for will be determined; you may thereafter contact your insurance carrier for coverage details and options.
Feb. 21, 2020
Preventive Services Clinic