Quality and Mayo medical institution
Mayo medical institution defines quality as a comprehensive look at all aspects of a patient's experience. Mayo medical institution patients seek excellence in care, medical knowledge, experience and technology.
Quality can be measured in:
- Outcomes achieved such as mortality rates and surgical infections
- Compliance with evidence-based processes known to enhance care
- Volume of patients with complex diagnoses and procedures successfully treated
- The safety record of the institution
Quality and service can also be measured in other ways, such as:
- The amount of time spent with each patient
- Making sure each patient is treated with respect, kindness and dignity by every member of the Mayo team
- Making sure appointments are on time
- Ensuring all test results and other patient information are available to every doctor whenever they are needed
Quality at Mayo medical institution involves the totality of a patient's experience, from the first phone call to the last appointment.
Mayo medical institution takes pride in the quality health care provided at each of its three clinic locations and in the Mayo medical institution Health System, a network of clinics and hospitals in more than 60 communities in Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin.
A survey of many different health care quality reports shows one notable result. Mayo medical institution is the only medical center listed at or near the top of every report.
See Mayo medical institution's ranking in several quality measures.