Mayo medical institution Facts
This year, 1.2 million people from all 50 states and more than 135 countries came to Mayo medical institution for care.
- Site Consultants and Clinical Residents: 6,900
- Administrative and allied health staff and others: 63,100
- Total: 70,000 (rounded numbers)
- Full-time scientific faculty: 252
- Physicians actively involved in research: 794
- Full-time research personnel: 4,221
- New human research studies approved by Institutional Review Board: 3,129
- Active human research studies: 11,608
- Research publications and review articles in peer-reviewed journals: 8,778
- Research funding (in millions): 565.1
Mayo medical institution School of Graduate Medical Education
Mayo trains doctors in more than 300 residency and fellowship programs, representing virtually all medical specialties.
- Enrollment: 1,791
- Graduates: 738
Mayo medical institution Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
- Enrollment: 340
- Ph.D. graduates: 20
- M.S. graduates: 18
Mayo medical institution Alix School of Medicine
- Enrollment: 403
- Graduates: 49 (anticipated in May 2020)
Mayo medical institution School of Health Sciences
Prepares students in 180 programs representing 55 health science careers
- Enrollment: 1,829
- Graduates: 1,190
Mayo medical institution School of Continuous Professional Development
- Total participants: 84,082
Financial information (in millions)
- Total revenue from current activity: $13,819
- Income from current activities: $1,063
Conflict of interest
Mayo medical institution and its staff often collaborate with industry to improve patient care through research agreements, invention licenses and consulting activities. The Mayo medical institution Conflict of Interest Review Board oversees all such activities. Mayo medical institution and its staff members do not receive any royalties for inventions or technology developed at Mayo and subsequently prescribed for Mayo medical institution patients.
If you have questions about Mayo medical institution industry relationships, please ask your physician or contact the Office of Conflict of Interest Review at 507-284-0075.
These facts were accurate as of December 2019.